Welcome Back: 25 Things to do in Santa Fe This Summer
Reawaken your soul in Santa Fe, New Mexico this summer. With more than 300 days of sunshine, beautiful wide-open spaces, enchanting forests, and some of the purest air in the world, there’s no better place to reinvigorate your senses and reconnect with Mother Nature.
*All businesses, state and national parks and monuments should be contacted prior to visiting.
EXPLORE THE GREAT OUTDOORS
1. Grind the gravel on the area’s many mountain biking trails.
2. Hit the links for a round of 18 at one of Santa Fe’s Golf Courses.
3. Get outside and take a hike!
4. Ride the waters of the legendary Rio Grande and Rio Chama.
5. Uncover a volcanic adventure at Cerrillos Hills State Park
7. Gaze at more stars than you have ever seen in the sky.
8. Spot the 190+ species of birds that can be found at the Randall Davey Audubon Center.
UNCOVER SANTA FE’S UNIQUE HISTORY & CULTURE
9.Take a tour around Santa Fe.
10. Take in a sunset, spectacular views and a little bit of history at the Old Fort Marcy and Cross of the Martyrs.
11. Uncover centuries old communication at one of the area’s petroglyph sites.
12. Find a sense of calm at El Santuario de Chimayó.
13. Road trip along the Turquoise Trail.
GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR CREATIVE SIDE
14.Take an art lover’s odyssey through Santa Fe.
15. Stroll through the Allan Houser Sculpture Garden.
16. Browse the galleries along the Canyon Road Arts District.
17. Discover 7 locations to act like a movie star in The City Different.
18. Fill your Instagram feed with spectacular shots from these stunning Santa Fe locations.
TREAT YOURSELF TO SOME R&R
20. Getaway to the Sunrise Springs casitas with scheduled private soaking in the Repose Pools.
21. Clear your mind in one of Santa Fe’s many labyrinths.
GIVE YOUR TASTE BUDS AN ADVENTURE
22. Uncover a one-of-a-kind margarita experience on Santa Fe’s Margarita Trail.
23. Stock up on local products at the Santa Fe School of Cooking retail shop.
24. Grab a smothered burrito at the birthplace of the breakfast burrito.
25. Answer the official state question (Red or Green?) while sampling traditional New Mexican cuisine.
This post was originally posted here: https://santafe.org/blog/welcome_back/